Sunday, June 14, 2009

Kyoto

I've been back for a long time now, but I miss Japan a lot.  I fixed my iphoto (mostly) so here are some pictures of Kyoto.
The Kyoto station is very well designed.
We went to a parade (the hollyhock parade?) I wouldn't want to be in charge of the huge umbrella, it looks heavy.
Lots of men and a cow.
A horseman at the parade.
Rebecca and I at the Inari shrine.  Becca is carrying a shopping bag with her new kimono in it.  Laugh.
My favorite shrine!  These torii gates go on forever.  It would be bad if you were inside and there was a fire . . .
We came here on accident, but I was really glad we did.  It's really a nice place. Around the temple is a really old Japanese garden.  And we got sakura ice cream.

This is the kinkakuji (golden temple).  The taxi on the way here terrifying.  He was a crazy driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment