Sunday, April 19, 2009

Canal City

We went to Canal City on Saturday, it's really an amazing place.  We forgot to bring the camera, but never fear my dear legions of blog followers (by which I mean "Hi Dad!") the Studio Ghibli shop is calling, so I will return there.  I made it out alive without buying much this time (I rock!) but I did buy a bag (Hello Kitty, it had to be done) for my bento box.  Not that it really needs protecting, it just needed it's cuteness to be completely maxed out.  

While we were there we watched the end of a magic show and a boy band concert.  I really liked watching the people watching the show.  This one guy (23ish?) had huge apple cheeks when he smiled, and he was inordinately amused by the magician.  He was awesome.  The boy band sounded pretty good, and their crowd way 94% young females and 6% disgruntled boyfriends was highly amusing.

We also ate at our first restaurant (shabu shabu didn't count, we were completely on our own this time).  They liked us a lot, mostly because we said "domo arigato" everytime they did anything.  We both got the una-don (eel rice bowl, it was super good)

After we shopped for a while *reminder: post on the pokemon store later* we got some ice cream!  At the last second I forgot the word for the grape ice cream (kyohi) so I just tried "grape?" the lady nodded and said grape back . . . but they gave us grapefruit ice cream instead.  Laugh!  I don't like grapefruit, so now I won't ever forget a word like that again.

1 comment: